Reef Encounter and Green Island Resort
- Departs: Daily
- Includes an overnight stay on Reef Encounter and one night at the Green Island Resort.
This Reef Encounter and Green Island Resort includes sleeping on the Great Barrier Reef Encounter liveaboard and night on beautiful Green Island.
The best way to experience Australia’s Great Barrier Reef!
Australia’s Best Liveaboard ‘Reef Encounter’ Great Barrier
Staying on the outer Great Barrier Reef
Reef Encounter is Cairns’ best liveaboard! Wake up on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. This Reef stay is one of the most unique holiday escapes in Australia.
Reef Encounter has access to spectacular reef locations not accessible to other vessels.
We take extreme pride in our products, boats, crew, and, most importantly, guests! We believe that Reef Encounter is unbeatable in service and value.
Customize your Reef and Island Getaway. Stay for as many nights as you like in superbly appointed staterooms, or upgrade to the Top Deck Club for that extra VIP luxury. With daily transfers from Cairns by boat or helicopter. Reef Encounter is an excellent choice to see Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. Twin and double rooms are available. Just let us know your preference.
Please note that the night accommodation in between these packages is not included. Please let us know if you want us to assist you.
Reef Encounter Accommodation
- Spacious, air-conditioned staterooms, all with ocean views
- All staterooms have their ensuite toilet and shower
- Towels and toiletries provided (soap, shampoo and conditioner)
- All Staterooms have Australian power outlets
Green Island Resort on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef
Green Island Resort is a boutique luxury resort just 45 minutes off Cairns in the heart of the UNESCO-listed Great Barrier Reef.
Next, stay at the beautiful Green Island Resort.
First, arrive by fast catamaran. Then the Green Island Resort team will meet you personally. Enjoy a quick tour before checking into your suite.
Now it is time to relax and explore Green Island. Choose from all the activities, including kayaking, snorkelling and relaxing on the beach.
Next, go to the Green Island jetty for fish feeding and enjoy sunset drinks on the beach.
Have a delicious dinner at Emeralds Restaurant. Alternatively, you may prefer room service.
Then with the torch from your room, join the stargazing night tour. What you can see in the night sky is amazing without all the city lights.
Start your day with a delicious breakfast at Emerald’s Restaurant. Then enjoy a walk through the rainforest and swim at the pristine beach.
While on Green Island, you can take a kayak and see the island from the water or relax on a deck chair.
Next, discover more fantastic Cairn dive packages.
Reef Encounter and Green Island Resort
Green Island Accommodation
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way
A minimum of 48 hours' notice is required to re-schedule or alter all or part of a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more before departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days before departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days before departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures will not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
•Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
•We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
•Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of personal belongings, property damage, delay or personal injury.
•Due to the open nature of the vessel, children must be directly supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
•All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger.
•Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team
Reef Encounter Stateroom
Full payment is required at time of booking. We accept cash and credit card payments. All pricing is in AUD.
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
A minimum of 48 hours’ notice is required to re-schedule, alter a reservation, or make any amendments to prepaid tour components, such as equipment hire, guided tours, or course fees.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. No refund or compensation will be issued for unused equipment, prepaid/pre-booked courses and/or Scuba dives, or guides if you cannot complete the entire tour. Please see Scuba Diving – Important Information below.
Schedules are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to change vessels, dive locations, and prices without notice.
Please refer to Trade Practices Act 1974.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information, we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
Check-in: If you are Making your own way (no return transfers booked), please check-in and board at 7.30 am. Your transfer vessel is named Reef Experience and is located on A Finger, at Cairns Marlin Marina.
Terms and Conditions
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance at +61 7 4037 2700.
• No alcohol may be consumed before in-water activities.
• Reef levies are $15 per person per day (max. 3 days) payable onboard and includes E.M.C., admin and fuel levy.
• Locations, vessels and itineraries are subject to change without notice due to unforeseen circumstances, but with full consideration of your safety and enjoyment. We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries, all of which are subject to change without notice. We accept no liability for any loss or out-of-pocket costs incurred as a result of the cancellation or change in the itinerary, however caused (direct or indirect).
• Neither this site nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, any loss, any damage, delays, deaths or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase Comprehensive Travel Insurance that covers personal injury and the events, including but not limited to your cancellation for any reason and the cancellation or alteration to the scheduled itinerary for reasons involving weather or passenger, crew or vessel safety. Please read your insurance policy's wording carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. Please be aware that scuba diving and
other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger.
• The passenger acknowledges and consents to Reef Encounter taking photographs or video recordings during the course of this activity / tour. The passenger acknowledges and consents to Reef Encounter receiving and using images of the passenger from third parties and using these images for marketing and promoting its services.
• Please inform us of any special requirements 48 hours before your travel date, such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the ‘Booking Message’ section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team.
Scuba Diving – Important Information
• All Certified Divers must present a valid Certification Card. Failure to present a Certification Card may result in the customer being unable to participate in scuba diving. They can enjoy snorkelling activities instead. No refunds would be offered.
• Minimum age for Introductory Diving is 12 years old. Minimum age for certified diving and Open Water Course is 10 years old. All junior divers must either be accompanied by a certified parent or guardian or must dive with a dive professional at an additional charge. If the diver is under the age of 18 years, parental or guardian consent is required for that diver to undertake a dive. The parent or guardian should sign the medical declaration as witness.
• Upon arriving at our vessel and before commencing any dive activities, all passengers must complete our liability forms. All information provided must be strictly accurate. If during the tour, it becomes apparent that a form has been incorrectly completed, either by omission or false statement, we reserve the right to prevent any customer from undertaking any scuba diving or snorkelling activities while on board our vessel. Any decision made in this regard will be at the absolute discretion of the Dive Crew aboard the vessel.
• The dangers and risks associated with scuba diving in an open ocean environment under variable conditions apply to our tours. We reserve the right to prevent any customer from participating in scuba diving if we determine that they are physically or medically unsuitable to do so or if it is in the best interests of our crew or other scuba divers. Our crew are trained professionals, and it is up to their sole discretion who they take diving and/or snorkelling. No refunds would apply.
• Please remember you must allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
Medical Conditions & Medications
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all rules including medical as is the law.
• All passengers participating in any Scuba activities must complete a Medical Questionnaire. If you are unsure of a particular medical condition or medication, please complete our ‘CAN I GO DIVING’ questionnaire on our website. If you’ve answered yes to any questions or take any prescribed medication, you may need further medical clearance. This must be arranged prior
to your day of departure.
• Medication: DO NOT presume that by taking medication is controlling your medical conditions, and you should be fine to scuba dive, as it is the medication that can be the problem when scuba diving. Particularly prescribed medication may require
a medical clearance.
• Entry-level certificate divers: Medical certificates are no longer mandatory for our Open Water Course, unless
a) has or has had any of the medical conditions mentioned in the SSI Medical Questionnaire
b) is over 45 years old
c) has a body mass index of more than 30 and a waist circumference of more than 102cm for males or 88cm for females.
d) is taking prescription medications (with the exception of birth control or anti-malarial drugs other than mefloquine (Lariam)
e) has had surgery in the last 12 months
f) struggles to perform moderate exercise (for example, walk 1.6 km/ 1 mile in 14 minutes; or swim 200 m/yards without resting), OR has been unable to participate in normal physical activity due to fitness or health reasons within the past 12 months
If any of the above applies, a medical certificate will be required. The medical certification should be provided in English, preferably by a medical practitioner with experience in diving medicine, within 90 days prior to the first scuba dive. The certificate must state that the person is medically fit to dive.
• No refunds on uncompleted dives due to medical conditions and/or prescribed medications or change of mind.
• If you do have any pre-existing/existing medical conditions or are taking any medication whatsoever and are not sure whether you will be deemed medically fit to Scuba Dive, please get in touch with our Office at 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected], we will be only too happy to help you if we can. Alternatively, the best thing to do is to consult your own Doctor for a Dive Medical.
Peak Season Surcharge
A Peak Season SURCHARGE of $100 per person is applicable for all travel:
• from the 06/04/2023 to 11/04/2023
• from the 23/12/2023 to 01/01/2024
• from the 28/03/2024 to 02/04/2024
This fee is payable onboard on the first day of travel.