Coral Sea Scuba Dive Expedition
This four-night Coral Sea “Fly Dive” is designed for Advanced Scuba Divers
Be prepared for the best scuba diving in Australia some say the World, the visibility is fantastic and you will see big fish.
The Scuba diving expedition includes 14 scuba dives in the pristine waters of the Coral Sea and Cod Hole 150 miles north of Cairns.
This tour is not suitable for snorkelers.
The dive expedition departs Cairns, Queensland every Thursday at 6:00 pm.
Travelling 150 miles to the Northern Ribbon Reefs onboard Australia’s most awarded liveaboard dive boat.
Check-in is between 8.30 am and 4 pm for your 4-night Scuba Diving trip
Returning to Cairns on a low-level scenic flight from Lizard Island over the Great Barrier Reef, arriving into Cairns approx 11 am Monday (courtesy inner city hotel transfers).
Spoil Sport Vessel Layout
Please check availability with us before booking
- A: Standard Itinerary: All dives 150 miles north of Cairns. Cod Hole, Steve’s Bommie, Joani’s Joy and Clam Beds Coral Sea walls with massive soft corals.
- Osprey Reef with 40-metre visibility and significant fish action.
- 2-3 shark attraction dives. False Entrance, deep wall pelagic action.
- Stunning 250km low-level Great Barrier Reef flight from Lizard Is. to Cairns.
- B: Fair Weather Itinerary: September – January (except May Nautilus observation dates). Weather permitting, our best selection of Coral Sea dives at Holmes, Bougainville & Osprey. Great Barrier Reef not included in Fair Weather Itinerary.
- Potato cod also have seen at Bougainville & Osprey.
- Holmes – Large caverns decorated with colourful soft corals. Dozens of grey & Silvertips at the ‘Amazing’ shark attraction.
- Descend the spectacular Nonki Bommie thrusting up from 35m. Bougainville – Plummeting clear blue waters, giant potato cod. Dramatic big fish action at Crystal Plateau.
- Explore the Dungeons & Dragons labyrinth of caves & caverns.
- Dive the scattered remains of MV Antonio Tarabocchia Osprey – 2-3 shark attraction dives, see 100’s of sharks.
- Passive Attraction, Shark Feed & Private Shark Shoot.
- Spectacular topography, visibility & pelagics at False Entrance. Significant fish action in 40-meter visibility. Stunning 250km low-level Great Barrier Reef flight from Lizard Is. to Cairns. (Luggage)
- 14 scuba dives at pristine Great Barrier Reef locations Coral Sea Dive, Challenger Bay, Cod Hole & Osprey Reef
- Return flight from Lizard Island back to Cairns
- Orientation dives for those who require supervision
- Night Dives
- Reef Ecology Program Guaranteed access to restricted dive sites
- All chef-prepared meals catered for, including snacks
- Complimentary soft drinks & wine with dinner
- Unlimited dive times 3 different dive sites per day (weather permitting)
- Dive Equipment Not Included – Available for Rental on board
- Personal dive guides
- Nitrox fills
- PADI Instruction: Advanced, Nitrox,
- Naturalist & Photo/Video Gear hire Camera hire
What to bring
- Luggage Restriction 25KG (55lb) per person
- Cash or Credit Card for purchases
- Personal clothes & toiletries, sun cream, swimming clothes, hat
- Own dive equipment unless you have pre-booked rental equipment
- Voucher if applicable
- Proof of certification if you’re a Certified Diver
- *EMC + Admin fee not included – $18/trip
- Budget Cabin: Twin bunk beds, shared bathroom facilities
- Club Cabin: Twin bunk beds, ensuite bathroom facilities
- Standard Cabin: Two single beds, private ensuite & ocean views
- Premium Cabin: Double bed, private ensuite & ocean views *
- Note – Budget Cabin automatically assigned unless a different accommodation option is selected when booking
Hire Gear can be organised onboard
- Item Cost Reg, Ocy, Gauges $15/day
- BCD $10/day Computer $12/day
- Snorkel Gear $5/day
- Light/Torch/Cyalume $10/day
- Wetsuit $10/day
- Safety Sausage (SMB) $10/trip
- Nautilus Lifeline GPS No charge
- All of the above $44/day
- 2L (13 cu.ft) Pony Bottle + Reg $15/day
- 15L (120cu.ft)
- Steel Bottle $25/day Nitrox fills $75/for 3 or 4 night
- Cyalume Light Stick $2/each
- Reef Tax
- Sole Occupancy Berth cost + 70%
- Fuel Levy – Standard Expeditions $0 (subject to change)
- Special Catering Admin Fee $30 per day
- Personal Dive Guides $250/day (+ berth cost for guide) or $50/dive