Luxury Great Barrier Reef Tours Top Deck Club Family tour
Luxury Great Barrier Reef tours depart daily from Cairns. Cairns best family reef tour. Inclusions start with a valet who will organise the whole day for you.
Next, Your day includes two outer barrier reefs, guided snorkelling, guided scuba dive, a glass-bottom boat, exclusive area of the vessel. This Great Barrier Reef tour includes breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea.
VIP Seating and Personal Valet
Journey to the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park in the exclusive Captain’s Wheelhouse Topdeck Lounge. We pride ourselves on having the best crew on the reef. Your very own Personal Valet will undoubtedly take care of your family both in and out of the water.
As priority passengers, your family will skip the queues. So, no waiting in line for check-in, meals or collecting equipment. Meanwhile, your crew member will bring everything to you in the comfort of your seating area.
You will visit two spectacular outer reef locations. So, your family is sure to get the most out of this Great Barrier Reef experience. Enjoy private snorkel and scuba dive tours. The in-water guide will point out all the best spots and marine life.
Snorkelling is an easy activity for the whole family to enjoy. Float in the warm waters of the reef. Discover coral gardens bursting with colourful tropical fish and turtles.
Kids over 12 and adults can try scuba diving. Our highly qualified instructors will take you diving in a shallow, safe environment. Drift weightlessly around the reef and get up close to beautiful marine life.
Then sit back and relax in the Top Deck Club area. Next, enjoy An a la carte breakfast I bacon, a fresh tropical fruit platter and freshly brewed tea and coffee.
Our onboard chef will prepare a delicious lunch for your family. All are made with local produce and served directly to your table.
Family Luxury Great Barrier Reef Tours cater to all dietary requirements.
On the journey back to Cairns, enjoy a glass of Australian sparkling wine and a delicious cheese and fruit platter.
All Your Needs are taken Care of
- A personal valet/guide both onboard and in the water. They will look after your whole family. Your personal crew member ensures your trip flows the way you want it to.
- Private guided snorkel tours as well as scuba dive tours for that extra care and attention.
- Reserved VIP Seating. You will have your very own table and seats in the Captain’s wheelhouse.
- Skip the queues. So you won’t wait in line for check-in. As well as meals or collecting equipment.
- Dine-in style. You will be served to your table with fresh, Chef-prepared meals. Meanwhile, enjoy a special lunch menu. In addition to plunger tea and coffee. A cheese & fruit platter & complimentary sparkling wine on the return journey. Importantly, all dietary requirements catered for – please advise upon booking.
- Up to 6 hours at two pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef locations.
- Unlimited Snorkelling.
- FREE scuba dive* (no experience necessary). Medical Conditions apply – click here for more information (Certified Dive qualified OR Resort Dive at the first reef location for everyone over age 12 and medically fit scuba dive).
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour. Combined with other passengers (weather permitting).
- Pick up and Return to Cairns City Accommodation.
- Marine Biologist Presentation. Combined with other passengers.
- Large Sun Deck with padded loungers. Combined with other passengers.
The Ultimate Day on the Great Barrier Reef
- 7:30 am – Board Reef Experience boat at the Cairns Marina ‘A-Finger’ for check-in.
- 8:00 am – Approximate departure and Safety Talk with snorkel briefing.
- 8:30 am – Family Luxury Great Barrier Reef Tours Marine Biology presentation. After that, a detailed scuba dive briefing for those participating.
- 9:30 am – Arrive at our first spectacular Reef site. After that, snorkel and dive with thousands of vivid tropical fish, giant clams, and more.
- 10:30 am – Glass Bottom Boat Tour (approximately 20-minute tour).
- 12:30 pm – Lunch
- 1:00 pm – Cruise to our second location. Meanwhile, explore gardens of coral, large sea fans & black coral trees in its shallow lagoons.
- 3:00 pm – Family Luxury Great Barrier Reef Tours depart the Great Barrier Reef.
- 3:30 pm – Glass of wine, tropical fruits, cheese and biscuits.
- 4:30 pm – In conclusion, arrive back in Cairns.
- A personal valet
- a la carte breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea.
- A bottle of Australian sparkling wine on the journey back to Cairns.
- Access the exclusive Captains Wheelhouse Top Deck Club lounge.
- Return bus transfers from your Cairns accommodation
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour
- Introductory or Certified scuba dive
- Underwater Digital Camera Hire.
- Snack Bar Purchases: Soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol etc.
- Family Luxury Great Barrier Reef Tours souvenirs – T-shirts, hats etc.
- Bus transfers from accommodation outside of the Cairns Business Area.
- Second Scuba Dive at our beautiful afternoon reef location.
What to bring
- Cash and/or credit card for purchases.
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Hat, Sunglasses, Sun Cream.
- Proof of qualification if you’re a Certified Diver.
How to get there
Family Luxury Great Barrier Reef Tours departs from
Cairns Marina: ‘A-Finger’ View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
Boarding commences at 7:30 am for check-in. Directly on the vessel ‘Reef Experience.
Arrive back at Cairns Marina at approximately 4:30 pm.
Where Can I Park?
Several parking stations throughout Cairns are in walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where.
Safety comes first
We have a passion for showing you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. Therefore, please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but certainly the safest scuba diving record.
The Queensland Government Code of Practice regulates us and we comply with all rules, including medical as is the law.
Consequently, to avoid disappointment on your Family Luxury Great Barrier Reef Tours, we therefore strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire.
Some medical conditions, age in addition to medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
Above all, it is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Reef Experience Medical Questionnaire
In conclusion, we are delighted to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us.
Or you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying After Scuba Diving
For a single no-decompression scuba dive. So you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive.
If you complete multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
For example, if Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
In addition, we recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.
Luxury Great Barrier Reef Tours for your family
Reef Experience Top Deck Club
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard through E-Way. All pricing is in AUD.
A minimum of 48 hours’ notice is required to re-schedule, alter a reservation, or make any amendments to prepaid tour components, such as equipment hire, guided tours, or course fees.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. No refund or compensation will be issued for unused equipment, prepaid/pre-booked courses and/or Scuba dives, or guides if you cannot complete the entire tour. Please see Scuba Diving – Important Information below.
Schedules are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to change vessels, dive locations, and prices without notice.
Please refer to Trade Practices Act 1974.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information, we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
Terms and Conditions
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance at +61 7 4037 2700.
• No alcohol may be consumed before in-water activities.
• Children’s prices are from 4 to 11 years of age. If booking as a certified diver, adult rates apply.
• Reef levies are included in the cost.
• Locations, vessels and itineraries are subject to change without notice due to unforeseen circumstances, but with full consideration of your safety and enjoyment. We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries, all of which are subject to change without notice. We accept no liability for any loss or out-of-pocket costs incurred as a result of the cancellation or change in the itinerary, however caused (direct or indirect).
• Neither this site nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, any loss, any damage, delays, deaths or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase Comprehensive Travel Insurance that covers personal injury and the events, including but not limited to your cancellation for any reason and the cancellation or alteration to the scheduled itinerary for reasons involving weather or passenger, crew or vessel safety. Please read your insurance policy's wording carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger.
• The passenger acknowledges and consents to Reef Encounter taking photographs or video recordings during the course of this activity / tour. The passenger acknowledges and consents to Reef Encounter receiving and using images of the passenger from third parties and using these images for marketing and promoting its services.
• Please inform us of any special requirements 48 hours before your travel date, such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the ‘Booking Message’ section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team.
Scuba Diving – Important Information
• All Certified Divers must present a valid Certification Card. Failure to present a Certification Card may result in the customer being unable to participate in scuba diving. They can enjoy snorkelling activities instead. No refunds would be offered.
• Minimum age for Introductory Diving is 12 years old. Minimum age for certified diving and Open Water Course is 10 years old. All junior divers must either be accompanied by a certified parent or guardian or must dive with a dive professional at an additional charge. If the diver is under the age of 18 years, parental or guardian consent is required for that diver to undertake a dive. The parent or guardian should sign the medical declaration as witness.
• Upon arriving at our vessel and before commencing any dive activities, all passengers must complete our liability forms. All information provided must be strictly accurate. If during the tour, it becomes apparent that a form has been incorrectly completed, either by omission or false statement, we reserve the right to prevent any customer from undertaking any scuba diving or snorkelling activities while on board our vessel. Any decision made in this regard will be at the absolute discretion of the Dive Crew aboard the vessel.
• The dangers and risks associated with scuba diving in an open ocean environment under variable conditions apply to our tours. We reserve the right to prevent any customer from participating in scuba diving if we determine that they are physically or medically unsuitable to do so or if it is in the best interests of our crew or other scuba divers. Our crew are trained professionals, and it is up to their sole discretion who they take diving and/or snorkelling. No refunds would apply.
• Please remember you must allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
Medical Conditions & Medications
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all rules including medical as is the law.
• All passengers participating in any Scuba activities must complete a Medical Questionnaire. If you are unsure of a particular medical condition or medication, please complete our ‘CAN I GO DIVING’ questionnaire on our website. If you’ve answered yes to any questions or take any prescribed medication, you will need further medical clearance. This must be arranged prior
to your day of departure.
• Medication: DO NOT presume that by taking medication is controlling your medical conditions, and you should be fine to scuba dive, as it is the medication that can be the problem when scuba diving. Particularly prescribed medication may require a medical clearance.
• The medical certification should be provided in English, preferably by a medical practitioner with experience in diving medicine, within 90 days prior to the scuba dive. The certificate must state that the person is medically fit to dive.
• No refunds on uncompleted dives due to medical conditions and/or prescribed medications or change of mind.
If you do have any pre-existing/existing medical conditions or are taking any medication whatsoever and are not sure whether you will be deemed medically fit to Scuba Dive, please get in touch with our Office at 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected], we will be only too happy to help you if we can. Alternatively, the best thing to do is to consult
your own Doctor for a medical clearance to scuba dive.
Public Holidays Surcharge
➢ A Surcharge of $100 per person applies to 25 December 2023 – Christmas Day
➢ A Surcharge of $50 per person applies to all other Queensland public holidays listed:
07, 08, 09 & 10 April 2023 – Easter
25 April 2023 – Anzac Day
01 May 2023 – Labour Day
21 July 2023 – Cairns Annual Show
02 October 2023 – King’s Birthday
26 December 2023 – Boxing Day
01 January 2024 – New Year’s Day
26 January 0224 – Australia Day
29, 30 & 31 March and 01 April 2024 – Easter
There are no reviews yet